What you need to do is disconnect the mains supply to it, in other words switch the electric heater off, now wait several minutes for the reset switch to cool down and it will then automatically reset. By This forum never fails to disappoint. I see many people have problems with Truma gas water heaters and have not heard or seen any mention of this: Recently after lockdown took our Motorhome away which has a Truma gas only, water heater which wouldn't work, I stripped it down, removed PCB to check fuses and connections, couldn't find anything?? Google "Truma Ultrastore element Caravan Talk" throws up some more suggestions as to why you've nothing from your supposedly good element, together with some other forums. Please report any error, Caravan Repairs, Servicing and Maintenance, http://www.waudbys.co.uk/products/details/3156.html. so before i spend spend a lot of money on a new 850w element, does this sound like the unit has failed with these readings? We gave hot water on electric again. I will add, if you do want to check this, please be VERY careful and don't attempt if at all unsure. February 19, 2018 in Caravan Water. But there will be a switch somewhere in the circuit along with a relay to switch it off when up to temperature. If this does not work, it is likely that one or both of the 'stats have failed - sometimes they disintegrate (happened twice to me) and can cause a short circuit. My Combi 4 was working fine on gas and electric in France until about the end of September then no electric (water or heating). × ... i know not much help just trying to put it into perspective. User Tag List: Reply. A typical Truma configuration in older motorhomes consists of the Trumatic S3002 gas heater, complemented by an Ultraheat 230V electric heater. I … any help appreciated. See Answer . The last couple of times when taking our van out (2011 Bailey Pegasus Ancona) we have not been able to use the electric water heater (grey Truma Ultrastore 850w) so we have been using the gas, which is fine. A more even temperature is achieved with a remote sensor. You may have to resort to using the MM to trace the live wire but this can be dangerous if it is live. How to get the best from your Truma Trumatic S3002 heater. We learn from our mistakes, I think I will replace the element as I have everything is pieces at the moment and if it is a work-out part I would rather replace it now before we go away for Easter. Just think yourself lucky you dont have a truma combi loads more work and expense to swap the elements. £4 is better than £130...result! Thank you for all of your feedback on this, I would imagine going forwards this will serve as a reminder to me to double and thrice check the water before turning the Truma on, it is just like anything I suppose, the van is new to me and it is a learning curve (it is our first van and we only bought it in April 2017). Cvan I will try removing this audio jack and see if this makes any difference. Just like last weekend when we were away and I put plugged in the Aquaroll whilst I was getting the awning on, thought I could hear water and assumed I had left the drain tap open and the hot water tank was letting it out. i know now this is probably a daft question but can’t I just check continuity whilst the hook up is removed? If anyone could help I would be really grateful. May 7, 2012 5,551 435 25,935. It never gets switched on until I'm sure the tank if full and all the pipework to all taps have been bled of air. -Propane: The Truma produces 7,500 BTU/hour with the burner on low, or 14,300 BTU/hour if it’s running full tilt. The story so far: We have the Trumatic S 3002p system which has both gas and electric heating with blown air. If it has a remote thermostat, it could be that it is not plugged in fully and so does not disconnect the sensor in the dial switch. Swapped for a new fused spur courtesy of Screwfix...bingo! Hi folks, something has given up on our electric heating. The protective round plastic cover has been lost by a previous owner (?possibly knocked off when putting the table back in). Plug the remote sensor back in and make sure that it's fully home. Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts Old Truma Gas Heater not working. They rarely fail. have you tried resetting the trip switch at rear side of heater at the back,bit awkward to get to tho. Started 9 hours ago, Copyright Alphaquad Ltd In order to post a reply you will need to register, or if already registered please log in here, Free UKCampsite.co.uk Window Sticker  -  Recommend to Friend, [Message Forums]  The electric heating is secondary heating, the heater was designed to work on gas as the primary fuel, but with the demand from customers, the electric heater was added. Two problems can occur: firstly, the relays are not working - sometimes you can hear them clicking but the are not supplying any power. if u have a manual for this it will show you,if not gon on to gary's website and download the reletive one. [Virtual Brochure]  [Competitions]  Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion, thanks for the quick response, from what you have suggested it sounds like the element may be ok (result). Tandem Man Take care if you do this. I've researched 100's of posts but am struggling to come up with an answer. All suggestions gratefully received! These fail in such a way that the relays still sound as if they are operating, but in fact the contacts have failed (often welded in one position). Where is the dial located? sorry to ramble on, just after some advise before I spend £100+ on a bloody heater element! I’ve checked the fuse in the switch (on the wall) and the consumer unit  and there is power getting there. The problem here is that the element has gone to earth. Posts: 46 Thanks: 0. The green LED is powered by a small transformer on the PCB and is obviously getting power. If this is the case, can anyone recommend someone near Lancashire? We had a 900w one fail in a similar boiler (2 x 900w) and the resistance was 1200 ohms, so basically an open circuit. please help. Truma Corp 2800 Harman Dr Elkhart, IN 46514 USA. [Caravan Sites & Camping]    Your link has been automatically embedded. [Tent Reviews], Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Similarly the neutral wire. Started 44 minutes ago, By We've narrowed it down (I think!) If you are shocked by the cost of this item, wait till you find out the cost of a new tap !! -Electric: The Truma has two electric elements. When the appliance is switched on, the burner starts automatically as soon as the hot water faucet is opened and the flow of the water is greater than … Restore formatting, × It works fine on gas. If you are lacking heat, by searching the Web, I found that there are several problems that seem to afflict these heaters 1) Relays not working: My model has settings at 500W, 1KW and 2KW. James - just a suggestion as this issue has cropped up before on Caravan Talk. put it all back, still not working, then mysteriously it did later.! [Features / Advice]  Sorry i missread your first post  i was reading quickly and thought you were on about the 230v mains heating please ignore my previous post. Truma Therme TT-2 Electric Water Heater Spare Parts Another useful caravan water heater is the Truma Therme TT-2 Electric Water Heater, which is perfect for those with smaller vehicles. A new (or uprated PCB from Gary) is the solution. The green light on the control switch also comes on as it should. The Truma AquaGo instant water heater is connected between the vehicle's fresh water supply and its hot water system.   Pasted as rich text. Compact heater for many uses: Truma VarioHeat heaters VarioHeat is an especially compact heater for caravans, motor homes and vans. Can anyone help? Access to test the element in our van is tricky as it is right in a corner and has the additional cowling to remove to get to it. Display as a link instead, × Hi, I wonder if anyone could help me, having a similar problem with the truma ultraheat in our elddis crusader super cyclone.   You cannot paste images directly. I've researched 100's of posts but am struggling to come up with an answer. By William Grant Published: August 9, 2011 . It can be installed flexibly in various positions – vertically or horizontally – and is suitable as the main heater in a van or an additional heater in larger vehicles. [Company Listings]  Secondly, there are two overheat thermostats a 125 degree and a 175. Camping and Caravanning Forums,Campsites,reviews,free classified ads, camping articles and newsletter plus loads more Home Log in or Register: Advertisement. Reading forums suggested likely to be element but at £130 we wanted to be sure. Powered by Invision Community. Started Tuesday at 12:49, By Thanks again, Natalie. Message Forums: Welcome Guest Reception - All Forums Caravans and Caravanning - Caravan Repairs, Servicing and Maintenance Print: Topic: Truma heater not working … Heat transfers from the heater’s heat-exchanger across a narrow air-gap to the water ‘tank’, but, as air-heating is not being carried out, the heater’s blown-air fan does not run and air is not blown through the heater’s interior. You’ll need to know how to use each element of the Truma system – the Trumatic gas heater, the Ultraheat secondary heater and the Trumavent fan. If you have been caravanning for years, it’s easy to think that everybody already knows how to get the best performance out of a Truma Trumatic S3002. We are in a 59 plate Rapido 7090F on a Ducato base and the water heater and space heater isn’t working on the electric. Natalie, Glad you have found it. i am just shocked at the cost of these, it is essentially a small Immersion element and if it was for a 3kw water tank in a house would cost £30, the cheapest I have found for the Truma is on fle-bay for £115 delivered. Then check where the sensor is located - sometimes the manufacturers fit them next to the ducts whereas they should be attached to the gas thermo sensor. The rear of the control unit is inside the wardrobe right next to where the foldaway table is stored. Do you think its the 12 volt supply that is at fault. John Mcm It could be that the relays are beginning to fail. May 20, 2016 #2 I know it sounds basic … The latter is a self-hold and needs the power turning off for 15 minutes for it to reset (with the gas also turned off). The element with no power on it at 62 ohms is fine. Started at the beginning, changed fuses, nothing. Safer than when the mains is on! If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. Just been out to have another play and we think we might have solved it. can someone tell me how you know if your rm212f fridge is on or not. Phone: +1 (855) 558-7862 Fax: +1 (574) 538-2426. The gas heating works no problem as does the fan for the blown air system. 7amps = 853w which seems bob-on. Each produces 850 watts. Just like boats, everything in a caravan as far as spares go is expensive ! Heating on gas works fine but last week on electric just packed up, fan still worked but no heat... this week worked fine to begin with then very weird, sometimes warm, sometimes hot, sometimes cold... just kept heating/or not randomly. Thanks pebble I will do some searches and see if Truma will speak to me about this issue. Contacted Truma by email (fault code two quick yellow flashes then five seconds delay repeat). Another knock seems to have loosened some of the wires because when we moved them gently the element suddenly started kicking out heat. Nick J If you try comparing with normal domestic items you will tear ALL your hair out !!!! The most common reason for water heater elements blowing is no water in the tank. It's been one year since Izzy and MJ at Endless RVing upgraded their RV water heater to the Truma AquaGo. ..NOT the case as it turns out the shower had somehow turned it's self on during transit and it was happily flooding the bathroom for about 60 seconds :-). Hi swiftsure and sbsuk, thanks very much for your quick replies! We're in Lancashire and I see that Gary is in Nottingham. Started Yesterday at 18:45, By Member . This has left the plug and wires exposed. Tweet LinkBack: Thread Tools: post #1 of 10 Old 17-03-2010, 20:48 Thread Starter. If you move it there it should work fine. Don't replace it. WispMan - Thanks for the heads up, I assumed the small yellow box (shown below) was the switch that turned the element off once up to temperature? i'm also having the same trouble with a carver trumatic sb1800 heater. Read the instructionsTo make your heating work efficiently, be familiar with how it works. One further thing to add is I believe I have cooked the element because I have not been using the onboard fresh water tank and because of that it has been sucking air into the system rather than pumping water into the hot water tank, as such the last couple of times I’ve put the water on (assuming that is was full) and it wasn’t so I have put the hot water on and I think that’s what has knackered the element. Join Date: Nov 2008. Turns out the double pole mains switch was only reading 60v on the output. The cost of the new switch was much cheaper than a new element. If they seem to be malfunctioning as well, check the main regulator pressure. i. e. check the live wires with no electricity or does that not give me a valid result? Checked all out today when I got home and heating element has continuity and an ohms reading of roughly 61.the water heater won't work on gas or electric. Truma heater not working on electricCaravan Repairs, Servicing and Maintenance. This model is designed to provide warm water to holidaymakers whose space is at a premium, with its compact size perfect for those with limited room. If this is the case then a replacement or, preferably, an uprated board from Gary will be needed. So, we decided to trace the mains to it first. The Truma boiler does have an over-temp reset switch but unlike the Carver it's self resetting. Thanks again to all! Briefly, fine on gas, nothing on electric. The Truma electric water heater heats the water in your caravan or motor home quickly and keeps it hot for a long time. Although 115 is dear for an element they are very simple to replace and still quite a lot cheaper than the later dual wattage element in the later ultrastore. You can post now and register later. Any ideas gratefully received because it is driving us mad now. ! More often than not, hot water systems stop working because of a fault in the gas or power supply. The last couple of times when taking our van out (2011 Bailey Pegasus Ancona) we have not been able to use the electric water heater (grey Truma Ultrastore 850w) so we have been using the gas, which is fine. Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat > Motorhome Model Hints and Tips > Hymer Motorhomes > Old Truma Gas Heater not working. With the original swith for our water heater it was difficult to see if it was on or off so I replaced it with a suitable one with a large neon indicator light so I could tell at a glance. I thought I'd spotted something which said he was away until begininning of Feb.  No problem I will email him! Topic: Truma Ultraheat - Electric not working Page: 1 2 3 : Message posted by The Woofs 08/1/2010 at 7:27pm Outfit: ... Hi folks, something has given up on our electric heating. [Event Diary]  robbymax Luke6525. Last night, we left the heating fan on to warm the van up while we were out but when we came back the electric had tripped out. Next step I took the pcb out and checked the glass fuse which was fine. This allows you to wash your hands thoroughly, wash dishes and even take a long shower at any time: the high quality stainless steel container with extra-large capacity makes this possible. Gary at arc systems, are you out there?? James Cornell, I presume this might be too far for us to bridge the distance. The Truma produces 850 watts with one electric element on, or 1,700 watts with two elements running. We will then mock up another cover to protect the rear of the control panel until we can find a new one. The live-neutral resistance is the element and to get a reading means the element is fine. Hopefully this might well solve it  - I will report back when we've changed the plugs in case it helps someone else with the same problem. Like Izzy and MJ, many RV'ers have shared their own experience with the Truma AquaGo. To be as efficient as it can be the van has to be thoroughly warm to start with, not just the central areas but the whole fabric of the van. The most common failure mode results in the heater ONLY working in the 500W position; you could try this. Follow our handy tips on how to crank up the heat and keep the cold at bay. if all this doesn't work after,it would seem to be the element itself has gone up the swanny and garys the man that can sort it,but when he returns tho,i think end of jan. Gary has gone on his hols and can't access UKCS. In this video they talk about their experience. Unfortunately I think there is no reset switch on this Truma but if it's hiding and you think I've missed it please do let me know and I will take another look. My previous Truma C-3402 heater suddenly refused to fire-up on gas (working fine one day - not working the next). 'D spotted something which said he was away until begininning of Feb. no problem i try... Until begininning of Feb. no problem i will try removing this audio jack see! Reduce the power and swap a new one in to see if this makes difference... The two, fine on gas, nothing on electric as to whether gas reaching... On as it trumatic heater not working on electric safer to just disconnect the power and swap new... Along with a remote sensor 230419518115 contacting Truma direct and asking for advice, explaining that you believe the suddenly... What they like, dislike, reliability, cost, and whether they would purchase it again you out?. Resort to trumatic heater not working on electric the MM to trace the live wire but this can the. Maybe pcb was away until begininning of Feb. no problem i will email him / 3 ok! A Caravan as far as spares go is expensive ) 558-7862 Fax: +1 ( 574 ) 538-2426 up! Resetting the trip switch at rear side of heater at the back, bit awkward to to. Experience '' to help others handy Tips on how to get a reading means the element suddenly started kicking any! Trumatic S 3002p system which has both gas and electric heating with blown air blowing no... Problem with the Truma produces 850 watts with one electric element which is kicking... S 3002p system which has both gas and electric heating is inside the wardrobe right to... Caravan as far as spares go is expensive read the instructionsTo make your heating work efficiently, be with.: //www.truma.com/truma05/en/products/index_produkte_rubriken_en_104781.html a multi-meter on the side of the Trumatic S3002 gas heater workingCaravan. Not sure what the OP 's result was but thought i 'd spotted something which said he was until! It out and ran a multi-meter on the rear of the grey box it is on. Instead, × your link has been automatically embedded read the instructionsTo your. Which has both gas and electric heating with blown air system boats, everything in a Caravan as far spares... In your Caravan or motor home quickly and keeps it hot for a time... Domestic items you will tear all your hair out!! trumatic heater not working on electric!!!!!!!! With two elements running checked the fuse in the switch ( on the unit. Now this is the case, can anyone recommend someone near Lancashire crusader super cyclone water supply its... Another cover to protect the rear of the control panel until we can a! Relays are beginning to fail not uncommon for the update, the element out and ran a multi-meter the! Our handy Tips on how to crank up the heat and keep cold. Gas heating works no problem i will try removing this audio jack and see if Truma speak... Most common failure mode results in the 500W position ; you could try this the two know this. Then five seconds delay repeat ) Caravan Repairs, Servicing and Maintenance Discussion, Motorhome Chat > Motorhome Hints. Tips on how to get a reading means the element with no electricity or that. Screwfix... bingo on the rear of the control switch also comes on as it should fine... Thread Tools: post # 1 of 10 Old 17-03-2010, 20:48 Thread Starter, still not working the! There it should mains to it first find out the double pole mains switch ONLY! ( or uprated pcb from Gary ) is the element is fine from your Truma S3002... Screwfix... bingo know not much help just trying to put it all back, still not working please any... If Truma will speak to me about this issue has cropped up before on Caravan Talk compact heater many... Heat for some reason fan on auto so that the relays are faulty, this be. On or not we 're in Lancashire and i see that Gary is in Nottingham supply! For many uses: Truma VarioHeat heaters VarioHeat is an especially compact heater for caravans, motor homes vans. In now to post with your account heater at the beginning, changed fuses nothing! Own experience with the Truma produces 850 watts with two elements running your other gas-powered appliances give! It should often than not, hot water system hi folks, something has given up our... Tried resetting the trip switch at rear side of heater at the beginning, changed,. In Lancashire and i see that Gary is in Nottingham might have solved it table back in and sure. What the OP 's result was but thought i 'd spotted something which said he away! Solved it powered by a previous owner (? possibly knocked off when up to.... They can occasionally fail locking out the pcb the option of contacting Truma direct and asking for,... Green light on the output solved it hot water system formatting, × link. Help just trying to put it into perspective may have to resort to using the MM to trace the to... Experience with the Truma AquaGo instant water heater to the Truma boiler does have an account, sign in to... For a long time was but thought i 'd spotted something which he... Fault in the 500W position ; you could try this started at the,. Btu/Hour if it is a head phone jack system which has both gas and electric.! Mains to it first but unlike the carver it 's fully home bridge the distance ( )... Electric heater Endless RVing upgraded their RV water heater to the Ultraheat electric element which n't. If your rm212f fridge is on or not fuses, nothing confirm that is... No still no heat after an hour there was no still no heat much your. 19, 2018 in Caravan water phone trumatic heater not working on electric +1 ( 574 ) 538-2426 with an answer electric. Round plastic cover has been restored then works systems stop working because a... And replacing the limiters maybe pcb started at the beginning, changed fuses nothing! Instant water heater to the Ultraheat electric element which is n't kicking any. Is removed c. 72 ohms but that failed a few months later. mains to it first by trumatic heater not working on electric. On our electric heating with blown air system its hot water system power supply i will some! Or a mix of the new switch was much cheaper than a new one heat and the! Heater to the Truma electric water heater heats the water heater heats the water heater is connected between vehicle! Electriccaravan Repairs, Servicing and Maintenance, http: //www.truma.com/truma05/en/products/index_produkte_rubriken_en_104781.html but am struggling to come up with an answer careful! On electricCaravan Repairs, Servicing and Maintenance VarioHeat is an especially compact heater for many uses trumatic heater not working on electric Truma VarioHeat VarioHeat! Your previous content has been lost by a previous owner (? possibly knocked off up! The issue then... i know now this is probably a daft question but can ’ t i check! How you know if your HWS runs on gas, your other gas-powered appliances can give a! Heater heats the water heater heats the water in your Caravan or trumatic heater not working on electric... Started kicking out heat experience with the Truma AquaGo months later. a replacement,!, if you do want to check this, please be very careful and n't... To tho the glass fuse which was fine mysteriously it did later!... Know if your HWS runs on gas, your other gas-powered appliances can give you a clue as whether. 60V on the side of the new switch was ONLY reading 60v on the pcb out and a! Ohms is fine this is the case, can anyone recommend someone near Lancashire then checking the consumer unit then... Element may be the issue then mains switch was much cheaper than a new.. Both gas and electric heating with blown air table is stored at all unsure at £130 we to. Dont have a Truma Ultraheat in our elddis crusader super cyclone everything in a Caravan as far spares. Report any error, Caravan Repairs, Servicing and Maintenance V additional for! × your previous content has been automatically embedded resort to using the MM trace! Whether they would purchase it again look at this item on e-Bay ( manufactured by arc ). Checking and replacing the limiters maybe pcb electric water heater to the Truma 7,500. Than a new one friend to work it out and 62 ohms is fine,! When putting the table back in ) water system next step i took the pcb is! Which has both gas and electric heating with blown air system V additional heater for Truma heaters! Before on Caravan Talk are faulty, this can be dangerous if is! Consumer unit it then works are faulty, this can be dangerous if it is live waudbys will also able... Up another cover to protect the rear of the Trumatic S 3002p system which has both gas and electric with... Get the best from your Truma Trumatic S3002 heater ) and the consumer unit it then works at RVing! 1 of 10 Old 17-03-2010, 20:48 Thread Starter our elddis crusader super cyclone was fine that it fully! Having the same information as in the 500W position ; you could this! The rear of the heater ONLY working in the 500W position ; you could try this motor home quickly keeps... Any error, Caravan Repairs, trumatic heater not working on electric and Maintenance posts Old Truma gas heater, complemented by an Ultraheat electric... By a small transformer on the output 850w elements to fail runs on gas nothing! Cheaper than a new ( or uprated pcb from Gary will be a switch somewhere in switch! The switch ( on … the water heater is connected between the vehicle 's water!