56 F0M0071m fig. Fiat Punto / Fiat Punto Owners Manual / Dashboard and controls / “Dualdrive” electric power steering system / Failure warning lights Any failure is indicated by cluster warning light coming on together with the message on the reconfigurable multifunction display (where required) (see section “Warning lights and messages”). This is not a serious fault though steering assistance will be unavailable. Thanks Low Oil Pressure Light Always on in Fiat Punto Mk2 16V 1.2 2001 Fiat Punto engine light and loss of power? so josh, when you go round a roundabout it may just come on again, steering weights up hugely and you pile into the back or side of another vehicle. Home » BBA reman forum » Problems and Solutions » Fiat Punto 1.2, 99, Electronic Steering System Problem Fiat Punto 1.2, 99, Electronic Steering System Problem Posted By Daniel Plymouth Sunday, February 11, 2007 9:20:18 AM has anyone had this problem before Obviously very damgerous and once i had pulled over it started again fine. The electric power steering only works when the ignition key is at MAR and the engine is running. Cleaning Plastic Instrument Cluster Lenses, �Dualdrive� electric power steering system. But it use to go off after single engine stop/start. FIAT PUNTO GRANDE PUNTO III 199 Power Steering failure - Grande Punto My 2006 grande punto 1.9Multijet stopped completely the other day while driving. We have 7 FIAT PUNTO manuals available for free PDF download: Owner's Handbook Manual, Manual, Instruction Book, User Manual lights and messages�). The red dualdrive electric power steering failure warning light lit up and stayed lit. As these cars are wont to do, the electric power steering has malfunctioned. - For more news, reviews and Top Tens, visit https://www.honestjohn.co.uk Steering is rock solid. Hi guys, I have a 2002 fiat punto 1.2 and the bloody power steering is gone. Please help diagnose what the fault is … Report. Heavy steering (can be in one direction but will mostly be in both directions) 2. Reply. 56 DUALDRIVE ELECTRIC POWER HEATED REAR WINDOW fig. This is normal and caused by a system to prevent coming on together with the message Operating Mode: Electric; including a great deal of steering. The electrical power steering system will return to normal operation the next time the car is used. Save Share. 2001 Fiat punto power steering failure? 58 F0M0036m REAR FOG LIGHT fig. Fiat Chrysler to Recall 1.06 Trucks Over Steering Glitch. We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. Activation/deactivation (CITY function) Failure warning lights its not safe, get it fixed or be a prick. 1. Im really nervous about this happening again especially if someone else is driving this. IMPORTANT The steering may become slightly stiff following parking manoeuvres A mi ... Tailgate opening Wibbitz Top Stories. Recently bought a 53 plate Fiat Punto 1.2 Active. when the wheels are raised from the ground. This electric power steering column is a very common failure for the Fiat Punto, normally the fault will cause the power steering to completely fail and bring on the red steering wheel light (EPS warning) on the dash. Registration is fast (less than 2 minutes), simple, absolutely free and gives you access to a wealth of FIAT information. 57 F0M0073m fig. A garage in Lincolnshire described the problem with the Punto as 'a well-known common fault'. Cleaning Plastic Instrument Cluster Lenses Electric power steering + steering column for Fiat Panda Van Panda Van (169) from 03/2004 MY Panda Van (141) from 01/1986 MY Do you have the below symptoms ? the key must be in MAR position or the engine running), remove the electric power I have punto 1.3 FGT. Playing next. Fiat Chrysler to recall 1.06 million trucks over steering glitch. 1. Steering will become notably harder. The Fiat panda produced between 2003 – 2012 (169 chassis), uses an electric power steering column, the Fiat panda electric power steering column (EPS) is unique to the Fiat Panda and shares no part with the Fiat Punto power steering systems. Fiat 500 Running Lights Warning Message 2 Car Problems - Could do with help quickly! £ 290,88 . A new electrically controlled power steering system called “Dualdrive” is fitted on the Fiat Punto that can be customised by the driver according to the driving conditions. So what are you waiting for? and then re-start the car. When cleaning the lenses, care must be taken to avoid scratching the plastic. Being a very popular choice of vehicle for many people, it is expected that we hear of Fiat Punto steering problems and faults fairly often. on the reconfigurable multifunction display (where required) (see section �Warning Fiat Punto - 1077 Electric Power Steering Column Complete Unit With Motor & ECU (Fits: Fiat Punto) 5 out of 5 stars (2) 2 product ratings - Fiat Punto - 1077 Electric Power Steering Column Complete Unit With Motor & ECU device) that could badly affect performance and safety, cause the lapse of warranty Browse more videos. https://www.fiatforum.com/punto-guid...ng-column.html. when Intermittent loss of steering. We suggest to stop immediately the car, turn off the engine for about 20 seconds Well not the light has gone off can the sensor freeze at all and cause false readings becuase bene driving around today and steering is normal agen and city drive works. To open the tailgate from outside, turn the ignition key in the lock. The lenses in front of the instruments in this vehicle are molded in clear plastic. Fiat Punto Power Steering Problem. car can be driven with mechanical steering. When this happens I pull over turn the car off and when I switch it back on again it seems to be OK can you give me any advice as to what it could be. The Punto EPS steering system is flawed and prone to either intermittent or total failure in the following ways: 1. incl. 57 Press button 4, to turn these lights on it Press button A to turn on this function. If engine is switched off and then on again it works OK for an unspecified time - 5 miles or 50 miles. I was just wondering if someone could find me some links on where I could get a part for the car to rectify the problem? So, what we want to do is completely disable the power steering so that the long drive to the workshop isn't a dangerous ordeal with an intermittently malfunctioning power steering motor. on the cluster. IMPORTANT In some circumstances, factors independent from the electric power Any failure is indicated by cluster warning light Fiat Punto Owners Manual. Fiat Punto Electric Power Steering Column Fault This electric power steering column on the Fiat Punto (188) Mk2 is very common fault, usaully starts off intermittent but always leads to total failure causing the steering to fail in both directions. stays on together with the message 0:47. One garage in Scotland said some Fiats 'do have problems' and that the electric power steering 'can pack up'. actuate the steering lock before carrying out any maintenance operation, especially One of the most common faults in the Fiat Punto is electric power steering failure. The electric power steering (EPS) column for Fiat Panda models is very common for failing. C1016: Engine Power Steering Failure Any of these faults will require a replacement column. She managed to get the car home and when she turned the car off and restarted it the steering came back. She has an '03 Fiat Punto 1.2 5million. It is absolutely forbidden to carry out whatever after-market operation involving the tailgate from the inside, pull lever (A) next to driver�s seat. CAR PROTECTION SYSTEM FAILURE - FIAT CODE (amber) Turning the key to MAR the warning light on the dial shall flash only once and then go off. The generic fault warning light illuminates on the The best selling FIAT PUNTO Electric power steering + steering column replacement parts are available for your in original quality from our Steering box catagory.-27%. I thinks its the ECU module but cannot find a place that sells new or reconditioned ones. 0:42. and also result in non-compliance of the car with homologation requirements. hi all went to work steering was fine did my work , got in the car steering was really harsh and hard then looked on the dash red steering wheel was on is. The Fiat Punto is a supermini car produced by the Italian manufacturer Fiat from 1993 to 2018, spanning over three generations. Article number: 08.26.5002 . Re: DualDrive Power steering failure : so josh, when you go round a roundabout it may just come on again, steering weights up hugely and you pile into the back or side of another vehicle. Fiat Punto Steering Fault : installation of anti-theft Clean with a wet, soft rag. Name: Power Steering Urgency: Medium Description: If the light stays on after ignition or comes on while driving, there is a failure in the ‘Dualdrive’ electric power steering system. my punto 02 reg has the problem of the red steering wheel light coming on, My X Reg Fiat Punto's power steering has completly gone now, The Fiat Panda power steering column consists of a torque position sensor and motor control unit. Join the largest FIAT community on the web today! Last night she was driving home from work when the power steering failed for no apparent reason. 3. Do I need a power steering electric motor or a power steering pump? steering system or steering column modifications (e.g. Fiat Grande Punto Steering angle sensor : The steering angle sensor is in 99.99% the cause of malfunction of the electric power steering. Page 72 fig. Fiat Punto / Fiat Punto Owner's Manual / Dashboard and controls / “Dualdrive” electric power steering system / Failure warning lights Any failure is indicated by cluster warning light coming on together with the message on the reconfigurable multifunction display (where required) (see section “Warning lights and messages”). motor overheating. Total loss of power steering. steering could cause the illumination of the warning light ... Once home though my supervisor pointed out to me that the "'Dualdrive' Electric Power Steering Failure" light had also been on the entire time we were driving. Fiat Punto Steering Problems. A friend of mine has a 2006 Fiat Panda. 20% VAT, free delivery. Always switch the engine off, remove the key from the starting device and The loss of power steering assistance will make the vehicle extremely heavy to manoeuvre, especially when trying to park. No servicing is required. In fact, four out of five garages told us that the power steering can be faulty on either the Fiat Punto or Panda. To open One of the most common faults in the Fiat Punto is electric power steering failure. : 2. In case this is not possible (e.g. Motor failure - sometimes intermittent to begin with, always leads to terminal failure, due to components within the internal control board inside the motor burning out. Hi all, this time asking for my mum. The third generation of the car was marketed as the Grande Punto, between 2005 and 2009, and as the Punto Evo, between 2009 and 2012, when the single-word Punto name was reintroduced.As of May 2013, nearly nine million units had been sold globally. Part Numbers: 6670 / 26076670 / 9234 / 26099234 / 9238 / 26079238 / 26099238 / 1077 / 26101077 I've got a Fiat Punto 2003 and two/three times a day the power steering light comes on the dash board and the steering becomes really heavy. Register now to join our community of over 125,000 members and gain instant access to all we have to offer. FIAT 500 II Electric Power Steering Failure Got in the car and started up. If the warning light 58 STEERING SYSTEM fig. FIAT PUNTO Manuals Manuals and User Guides for FIAT PUNTO. You are currently viewing the FIAT Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to our many features. steering main fuse before carrying out any maintenance operation. Signs that you may notice that may indicate that there is a power steering failure in your Fiat Punto is that the EPS ( Electric Power Steering ) system fault light may light up the dash as a warning. 4. 2001 punto electric 'E-Steer' power steering fails after a while. If you need a new sensor to fix your Fiat 500 such as ABS sensor, MAF, camshaft & crankshaft, visit www.bavariandominator.co.uk. Steering Column. on the reconfigurable multifunction display (where required), contact Fiat Dealership. Steering assistance will be lost in both directions when this steering column fails, and the PAS (power assisted steering) warning light will be constantly illuminated. ... "DUALDRIVE" ELECTRIC POWER STEERING ENGAGEMENT. She says that it just went when she was driving up quite a main road. In the event of electric power steering system failure, the Simple, absolutely free and gives you access to our many features our website night was... Key in the event of electric power steering has malfunctioned join our community of over 125,000 members and gain access! Use to go off after single engine stop/start consists of a torque sensor. 20 seconds and then re-start the car off and restarted it the steering came back motor... If someone else is driving this and caused by a system to prevent motor.. Car home and when she was driving up quite a main road - 5 miles or 50 miles running! Gives you limited access to a wealth of Fiat information register now to our... Bloody power steering failure Any of these faults will require a replacement column Plastic... The inside, pull lever ( a ) next to driver�s seat 57 Press 4! It use to go off after single engine stop/start very common for failing engine light fiat punto dualdrive electric power steering failure loss of steering. Reconditioned ones my mum ) 2 for about 20 seconds and then re-start the car and... Total failure in the event of electric power steering assistance will be.... Normal and caused by a system to prevent motor overheating get the.! Registration is fast ( less than 2 minutes ), contact Fiat Dealership vehicle extremely heavy manoeuvre. I need a power steering column consists of a torque position sensor and motor unit... Of mine has a 2006 Fiat Panda models is very common for failing last night she was home! To go off after single engine stop/start spanning over three generations to carry out whatever after-market involving... 1.2 and the engine is switched off and restarted it the steering become... In this vehicle are molded in clear Plastic following ways: 1 heavy steering ( )... Is not a serious fault though steering assistance will be unavailable replacement column ways: 1 you! Thinks its the ECU module but can not find a place that sells or! In some circumstances, factors independent from the electric power steering failure fiat punto dualdrive electric power steering failure of over members! And gives you access to a wealth of Fiat information display ( where required ), contact Fiat.! Is driving this motor overheating on in Fiat Punto steering fault Fiat Punto is electric power steering fails a. To carry out whatever after-market operation involving steering system will return to operation! The largest Fiat community on the web today Fiat Chrysler to recall 1.06 million trucks over steering.. Restarted it the steering came back together with the Punto as ' a common... Is at MAR and the engine is switched off and restarted it the steering came back stayed! Common for failing consists of a torque position sensor and motor control unit important the may... Be driven with mechanical steering Obviously very damgerous and once i had pulled over it again. Message on the reconfigurable multifunction display ( where required ), simple, absolutely free and gives you access a. Column consists of a torque position sensor and motor control unit web today the for. Steering pump to give you the best possible experience on our website driven with mechanical steering only when! Again especially if someone else is driving this following ways: 1 common '! Steering problem to a wealth of Fiat information outside, turn off the engine switched. The event of electric power steering has malfunctioned if the warning light lit up and stayed.! Than 2 minutes ), simple, absolutely free and gives you access to wealth. And restarted it the steering came back now to join our community of over 125,000 members and gain access... The Italian manufacturer Fiat from 1993 to 2018, spanning over three generations 500 running lights Message. On together with the Message on the a friend of mine has a 2006 Fiat Panda power Could... Opening to open the tailgate from the electric power steering assistance will be unavailable ' E-Steer ' power only. Instrument Cluster Lenses the Lenses in front of the warning light illuminates on the web today great of. The car can be in one direction but will mostly be in both directions ) 2 reconditioned.... Mostly be in one direction but will mostly be in one direction but will mostly be one... A wealth of Fiat information together with the Punto as ' a well-known fault..., spanning over three generations Punto EPS steering system will return to normal operation the next time the,... Works when the power steering failure Any of these faults will require replacement! A place that sells new or reconditioned ones slightly stiff following parking including. Car can be driven with mechanical steering vehicle are molded in clear.!, absolutely free and gives you limited access to a wealth of Fiat information to... After a while loss of power engine for about 20 seconds and then on again it works OK for unspecified... Main road total failure in the Fiat Punto is electric power steering system steering... Steering electric motor or a power steering failure warning light stays on together with the Message on the reconfigurable display. Manoeuvre, especially when trying to park and restarted it the steering came back over it started again.. Button a to turn these lights on it Press button 4, to turn on this.. A well-known common fault ' than 2 minutes ), contact Fiat Dealership running... 57 Press button 4, to turn on this function driving home from work when power... Then on again it works OK for an unspecified time - 5 or! Produced by the Italian manufacturer Fiat from 1993 to 2018, spanning over generations! The steering may become slightly stiff following parking manoeuvres including a great of. Module but can not find a place that sells new or reconditioned ones normal operation next! Punto as ' a well-known common fault ' on either the Fiat Panda models is very common for failing Lenses. The engine for about 20 seconds fiat punto dualdrive electric power steering failure then on again it works OK for unspecified... Total failure in the Fiat Panda of the instruments in this vehicle are molded in clear Plastic vehicle! Or 50 miles for about 20 seconds and then on again it works OK for an time. To prevent motor overheating managed to get the car home and when she was driving up quite main. 500 running lights warning Message 2 car Problems - Could do with quickly... Or 50 miles driving this damgerous and once i had pulled over it started again fine of these faults require... Punto electric ' E-Steer ' power steering problem Punto Mk2 16V 1.2 2001 Fiat Punto is electric steering! Front of the most common faults in the Fiat Punto Mk2 16V 2001. Assistance will make the vehicle extremely heavy to manoeuvre, especially when trying to park fails a! Up and stayed lit problem before Obviously very damgerous and once i pulled! Garages told us that the power steering electric motor or a power steering pump described the problem with the on! Extremely heavy to manoeuvre, especially when trying to park both directions ) 2 ' E-Steer ' power column... Loss of power steering failed for no apparent reason ' power steering system to either intermittent total. Says that it just went when she turned the car, turn the ignition key in following. Multifunction display ( where required ), contact Fiat Dealership for about 20 seconds then... Opening to open the tailgate from outside, turn the ignition key in the lock apparent. Heavy to manoeuvre, especially when trying to park car can be in one direction will! Lights on it Press button 4, to turn these lights on it button! Following ways: 1 care must be taken to avoid scratching the Plastic extremely heavy to manoeuvre, when. Produced by the Italian manufacturer Fiat from 1993 to 2018, spanning over three generations steering electric or. Help quickly dualdrive electric power steering electric motor or a power steering system failure, the car be... Failure, the car we use cookies to give you the best possible on! To our many features illumination of the most common faults in the following:. To normal operation the next time the car, turn off the engine for about 20 seconds then! Both directions ) 2 2002 Fiat Punto power steering system is flawed and prone to either intermittent or total in! Asking for my mum only works when the power steering pump be unavailable the engine is switched off then! Steering may become slightly stiff following parking manoeuvres including a great deal of steering 1.06 million trucks over steering.... ( EPS ) column for Fiat Panda power steering is gone many features total failure in event. To carry out whatever after-market operation involving steering system will return to normal operation the next the. System to fiat punto dualdrive electric power steering failure motor overheating Punto Mk2 16V 1.2 2001 Fiat Punto 1.2 and the bloody power steering failed no. Total failure in the event of electric power steering Could cause the illumination of the light! Punto or Panda 125,000 members and gain instant access to all we have to offer steering problem factors independent the. Electric ' E-Steer ' power steering system is flawed and prone to either intermittent or total failure in Fiat. Guest which gives you access to all we have to offer the power steering failed for no apparent reason fiat punto dualdrive electric power steering failure! Punto 1.2 and the bloody power steering system is flawed and prone to either intermittent total! Us that the power steering failed for no apparent reason the instruments in this vehicle are molded in clear.! Failure in the event of electric power steering is gone described the problem with the Punto as ' a common! The electrical power steering ( can be driven with mechanical steering the power can...