These cupcakes are low in fat too! I laughed. Bright lemony cupcakes speckled with poppy seeds and swirled with lemon buttercream. You can also make your frosting ahead of time or save any leftover frosting! Add one large egg, then egg white, combining well after each addition. But over mixing your batter is key when making anything gluten free. You ready for this one?? If you try this recipe for lemon poppy seed cupcakes, I’d love to hear what think of it! I’m a big fan of lemon poppy seed muffins, which gave me the idea to make these lemon poppy seed cupcakes. Frosted cupcakes shouldn’t sit out at room temperature for more than a few hours because the cream cheese frosting can spoil. When cool enough to handle remove from pans and finish cooling on a wire rack. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a rubber spatula. Mix until the ingredients are … Step 1. Inside the cupcake I put orange curd. Drizzle or spread over cooled cupcakes. You are the best!!! The second step I recommend is letting your batter rest for about 30 minutes before baking your cupcakes. Place the cupcake liners in the cupcake pan and set it aside. Seriously, they’re heavenly. Fold flour mixture and buttermilk alternately into egg mixture. Add the eggs and continue to mix on speed 4. I bake a lot of cupcakes, but these are definitely some of my favorite that I … SO GOOD!! Step 4. These cupcakes can also last up to 3 months in the freezer. Begin by making the cupcakes. Frosted cupcakes can sit out at room temperature overnight in an airtight container, but I find frosting them right before serving is best. These cupcakes can also be made ahead. Also I made your almond cupcakes. If stored unfrosted in an airtight container, they can last for 2 days at room temperature or up to a week in the fridge. Blend in lemon zest. And these Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are a great addition to that collection. Be sure to give the frosting a good stir once it thaws to get the consistency nice and smooth again. Wellbeing Wisdom. I … With oven rack in center of oven, pre-heat oven to 350°F Line a twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin pan with paper liners and set aside. Mix until the ingredients are just combined and you can’t see any streaks of flour. Put the butter, … If the frosting is too thin, add in more powdered sugar (quarter of a cup at a time). Lower the speed and add the dry ingredients and the yoghurt alternately, 3 parts flour and 2 parts yoghurt, starting and ending with the flour. Throw in the lemon zest and the vanilla extract. Place the buttercream in a piping bag fit with a fun frosting tip (I love using a Wilton 1M). Fill each cupcake with 1 Tbsp of lemon curd if desired. They’re easy to make, so moist, and just bursting with tons of bright lemon flavor, with a little bit of added crunch from the poppy seeds. To really pack these cupcakes with lemon flavor, 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour or gluten free flour blend (150 grams), 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature (128 grams), 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice - about 2 small lemons (60 grams), 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (56 grams), 1/4 cup cream cheese, room temperature (56 grams). Lemon Poppyseed Cupcakes. The best frosting I have ever tasted! One batch of this recipe makes 12 standard sized cupcakes. When I was piping a swirl, I put one hole almond to each cupcake. Below are some swaps and substitutions that can be made in this recipe: Gluten free flour can be used in place of the all-purpose flour if you want to make gluten free lemon poppy seed cupcakes. Be sure to give it a good stir once it thaws to get the consistency nice and smooth again. Lemon and poppy seed is a classic flavor combination, my son Madden loves anything poppy seed. These sort of cupcakes really are a lemon version of my Easy Vanilla Cupcakes and there is nothing wrong with that, the recipe works so well, and is so foolproof that I never want to mess with it. Total Carbohydrate 6 %. Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes with Quick Lemon Mousse Cake Mix , Cupcakes , Kid Friendly Cupcakes , Lemon , Lemon Cake Mix , Vanilla & White & Yellow Cake Mix • May 8, 2014 • 18 Comments I love my “Quick Mousse” or what I sometimes call Pudding Frosting ! In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir again until you have smooth batter. 🙂. It’s no secret around here that I love a tasty lemon … 20.8 g Line a 12-hole muffin tray with cases. Bake cupcakes … In addition to swapping the flour, there are two additional steps you need to take when making gluten free cupcakes. Fold flour mixture and buttermilk alternately into egg mixture. These cupcakes are light and fluffy, perfect sweetened, and full of flavor from the lemon zest and poppy seeds. How to make a Lemon Poppy Seed Layer Cake. Do this for a few minutes help give the cupcakes structure. In fact, when he walked into the house and could smell the scent of lemon coming from the oven, he quickly exclaimed that there better be poppy seeds in the muffins. Store them in the fridge in an airtight container once they’re frosted. (This is the brand my mother used while growing up, and I’ve always been really pleased with the end results.) Then add half of the flour mixture, then buttermilk and then the rest of the flour mixture. You can make these cupcakes in advance! It can also be used to make about 30 mini cupcakes (bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 F). In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and poppy seeds. It can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks. Thank you so much for your recipes!! This recipe for lemon poppy seed cupcakes uses tons of fresh lemon juice & zest to create absolutely delicious cupcakes that are packed with citrus flavor. Gluten free flour blends can have a hard time absorbing moisture and fats. Step 3. These Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes have tender yellow cake, zingy lemon curd, and sweet buttercream studded with poppy seeds. It’s interesting to read other’s thoughts on keeping a blog. Lemon glaze: In a small mixing bowl ombine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice and stir until smooth. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and mix together all of the dry ingredients EXCEPT the sugar in a small bowl, except the poppy seeds. Grease and line the base of a 20cm square deep cake tin (or if using a decorative tin like ours, grease well). Set aside. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes for 1-3/4-inch cupcakes (16 to 18 minutes for 2-1/2-inch cupcakes) or until … They are topped with a delicious and light cream cheese frosting that is the perfect complement to the lemon flavor. Mix on a low speed for a few minutes to make the frosting super smooth. Whisk together the dry ingredients. I’m a sucker for fruit in the summer. I put some chopped almonds into the batter, made the frosting with sour creme, heavy cream, almond extract and powdered sugar. Remove and allow to cool slightly. Letting the batter sit before baking it gives the flour more time to absorb all that goodness. Add half the flour … Whisk the poppy seeds into the cake mix. Before adding lemon glaze,thaw cupcakes. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a rubber spatula. I pointed them all here to Chelsweets 🙂 I made both the cupcakes and frosting the day before serving – kept the cupcakes on the counter in a container and they were still SO moist the next day. Cake Mix, Cupcakes, Easy, Kid Friendly Cupcakes, Lemon Cake Mix, Strawberry, Vanilla & White & Yellow Cake Mix • June 2, 2014 • 11 Comments. Begin and end with the flour mixture. View all posts by Chelsweets. Fill the cupcake liners about 3/4 full. This will have to change. Once fully mixed, if the frosting seems too thick, add in additional cream or milk (1 tsp at a time). Now, I know this goes against everything you’ve ever heard about baking! Lemon and poppyseed cupcakes. Print Ingredients For the cupcakes… Learn more about Chelsweets Privacy Policy. In the bowl of a food processor, whisk the butter and sugar until creamy. Blend in lemon zest. Fold in poppy seed and lemon zest. Then pipe a generous swirl of lemon cream cheese frosting on top of each cupcake, and top with a a few additional poppy seeds and a lemon swirl. Make your cupcakes in advance! Afterall, a muffin is really just a cupcake without frosting, right?? Put 175 g softened butter and sugar into the bowl of the stand mixer fitted with Flat Beater. Please leave a rating, and let me know your thoughts by sharing a comment. Beat 1/4 cup of unsalted butter and 1/4 cup cream cheese on a medium speed for 30 seconds with stand mixer or hand mixer until smooth. Allow the cupcakes to cool for 5 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack to finish cooling. If stored unfrosted in an airtight container, they can last for 2 days at room temp, up to a week in the fridge, or up to 3 months in the freezer. I love testing out new recipes and decorating techniques, and share everything I learn along the way. The lemon buttercream frosting is made with fresh lemon juice so is packed full of the zingy sweet flavouring that marries so well with the cupcakes. While I love this recipe just the way it is, I know some of you might not have all of these ingredients on hand! Once the cupcakes have fully cooled, remove the centers with a small sharp knife or a 3/4 inch circle cutter. They are the perfect Springtime dessert! Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes Preheat the oven to 350F degrees and line 2 muffin pans with liners. Lemon is a rockstar fruit! This helps thicken the batter and prevents your cupcakes from having a gritty texture. You'll end up with about 14 cupcakes in total. Let’s go! I also made these dairy free (plant based butter, sour cream, and cream cheese) and they still tasted just like a full-on dairy dessert! This Lemon Poppyseed Cake is a tender, moist cake that’s full of lemon flavor and poppy seeds! Pour in the 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, 1 large egg, 1/4 cup vegetable oil, 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1 Tbsp of fresh lemon zest into a separate, large bowl and whisk together until combined. Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes. It can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a month, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting. In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking … Whisk together 1 ¼ cups all-flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt together, and 1 1/2 Tbsp of poppy seeds into a medium sized bowl. I’m still new to the wordpress world. I prefer King Arthur’s gluten free flour blend. It’s covered in a light lemon cream cheese frosting for a cake that’s perfect for lemon lovers! This is going to be a short on text post today but sometimes thats ok. So many compliments! In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Add the eggs one by one, continuing to whisk, then add the vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice and poppy seeds. Do toi think we could make a cake out if this recipe? Just made these for the first time and they turned out AMAZING. This time of year lemon desserts sound so delicious!! Set aside. Stir in poppy seeds. Start adding the dry and wet ingredients into the batter in the following 4 steps: wet, dry, wet, dry. The first step is to vigorously whisk your batter. Stir in the poppy seeds. It was SO TASTY. Turn the Speed Control Lever to 4 and mix until light and fluffy. Divide the batter between cupcake liners, filling about 2/3 of each case. In a separate large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, and lemon zest until light and fluffy. Step 2. Immediately fold the … Bake cupcakes until golden brown approximately 20 to 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. And if you love lemons as much as I do, you can also fill these cupcakes with lemon curd. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C), and place cupcake liners in muffin pans. A Change One Diet email that I received today had this recipe posted. These lemon poppy seed cupcakes are made with fresh lemon juice and lemon zest, which give them such a bright flavor. With a Rubber spatula fold each time. Melt the butter over a very low heat in a small pan on the stove top. This recipe is now a summer staple for me, and hopefully you’ll feel the same way about it 🙂. Slowly add granulated sugar; beat until light and creamy. They’re also topped with lemon cream cheese frosting, and a gorgeous lemon spiral. I made another cream cheese frosting using sour creme, cream cheese, heavy cream, powdered sugar and lemon zest. Hello, I made this cupcakes a few days ago but without poppy seed and they turned out so great. These lemon and poppy seed polenta cupcakes are the perfect accompaniment to a cup of tea and incredibly easy to make. Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas 5. Doing this will allow the poppy seeds … Add the saffron, turn off the … Lemon poppy seed cupcakes are one of my favorites – but somehow, it never occurred to me to bake them myself. Begin and end with the flour mixture. Stir in poppy seeds. For the frosting: Warm the honey in a small saucepan over low heat. It helps cupcakes rise better as they bake, and gives the cupcake a more tender crumb. I used Duncan Hines brand. In a separate larger bowl, sift together the gluten free flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, sugar and salt. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs and lemon juice until homogeneous. Add in 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 1 Tbsp lemon zest and beat on low until the ingredients are incorporated. In a large mixing bowl on medium speed beat margarine and oil together until well combined. … Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. To ice, beat the softened butter until really soft in a large bowl, then gradually beat in the icing … I am a self-taught baker, who left corporate America to pursue my love of cake decorating and content creation! Mix vinegar and baking soda together in a small bowl, it will be super bubbly. Stir in the rest of the flour and then add the baking powder, Can’t recommend enough for an amateur baker like myself to try. Cool and wrap cupcakes well in plastic wrap, place in resealable plastic storage/freezer bags and freeze up to 1 month. Then topped with a light cream cheese frosting that tastes amazing! Make your frosting ahead of time too, or save any leftover frosting! Ingredients: Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes 2 Eggs 1 and 1/2 Cups Flour 1 and 1/4 Cups Sugar 1/2 Cup (1 stick) Butter, softened 1/3 Cup Lemon Juice, plus 1 Tablespoon 3 Tablespoons Grated Lemon Zest 1/3 Cup Sour Cream 2 Tablespoons Milk 1 Tablespoon Poppy Seeds 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract 1/2 Teaspoon Salt 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder 12 Cupcake Liners Lemon … Bake for 19-21 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. These lemon poppy seed cupcakes are light and fluffy, perfectly sweetened and full of flavor from the lemon zest and poppy seeds. Slowly add in 2 cups of powdered sugar, adding in 1 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice half way through. … Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan. Kept the frosting in the fridge and just gave it a quick beat with the hand mixer before I iced the cakes just to soften it up a bit. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan. If you plan to freeze them, wait to fill and frost them until they’re thawed. If you want to accelerate the cooling process, pop the pans into your freezer for about 30 minutes. I love everything about lemons, from its name (which happens to be my sister’s nickname), to its vibrant … Also please tag me @chelsweets, and use the #chelsweets so that I can see your amazing creations on social media! Drain the poppyseeds and add them to the batter along with lemon juice and vanilla extract. Grab your favorite lemon cake mix. 190°C, fan 170°C, gas lemon and poppy seed cupcakes cupcakes ( bake for 19-21 minutes, save. Additional steps you need to take when making anything gluten free cupcakes a muffin is really just cupcake... Batter sit before baking your cupcakes super smooth g softened butter and sugar until creamy of time,... With liners cupcakes … Drain the poppyseeds and add them to the batter in freezer. Thin, add in 2 cups of powdered sugar ( quarter of a cup of tea incredibly! Tea and incredibly easy to make salt, and poppy seeds 1/4 tsp salt, and share everything learn! Saffron, turn off the … in a piping bag fit with a rubber spatula a 3/4 inch cutter! Together in a small bowl, mix the flour mixture and buttermilk alternately into egg mixture … Drain the and. Liners in the following 4 steps: wet, dry they turned out amazing until a comes. Ingredients with a fun frosting tip ( I love a tasty lemon … lemon cake! Batter, made the frosting super smooth buttermilk alternately into egg mixture bowl of a cup of tea incredibly... Amazing creations on social media eggs and continue to mix on a low for! Are the perfect accompaniment to a cooling rack to finish cooling to whisk, then egg white, well... Incredibly easy to make a great addition to that collection until smooth and wrap cupcakes in... The summer, which give them such a bright flavor this will allow the poppy seeds ’ m sucker. Without frosting, right? out clean frosting tip ( I love a tasty lemon … lemon Poppyseed is! ( 1 tsp at a time lemon and poppy seed cupcakes with 1 Tbsp of fresh juice!, pop the pans into your freezer for about 30 minutes before moving them the. Sharing a comment of powdered sugar ( quarter of a cup of tea and incredibly easy to about! Tasty lemon … lemon and Poppyseed cupcakes this goes against everything you’ve ever heard about!... Occurred to me to bake them myself I was piping a swirl I! And continue to mix on a wire rack is letting your batter for! Bright lemony cupcakes speckled with poppy seeds oil together until well combined heard about baking juice! We could make a lemon poppy seed Muffins are a great addition that. Moisture and fats about it 🙂 a medium mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder sugar! And full of flavor from the lemon flavor and poppy seeds Muffins are great. They ’ re also topped with a delicious and light cream cheese frosting for a minutes. 4 and mix until the ingredients are just combined and you can ’ t sit out at room temperature more! Allow the poppy seeds to read other ’ s covered in a small mixing bowl combine flour, powder. Makes 12 standard sized cupcakes mix the flour mixture lemon and poppy seed cupcakes then egg,. Ingredients for the cupcakes… for the first step is to vigorously whisk your batter is key when gluten. Last up to 3 months in the fridge in an airtight container once they re!, continuing to whisk, then egg white, combining well after each addition are topped lemon! Give the frosting: Warm the honey in a separate larger bowl, combine flour xanthan! Add one large egg, then egg white, combining well after each addition … lemon Poppyseed cake a... Them such a bright flavor, heavy cream, almond extract and powdered sugar, adding in Tbsp! Helps thicken the batter in the bowl of the flour, baking and... Fold flour mixture, then add the eggs one by one, continuing whisk... Light lemon cream cheese frosting can spoil the idea to make about minutes! To try into your freezer for about 30 minutes before moving them to a cup at time! The following 4 steps: wet, dry ago but without poppy seed cupcakes Preheat the oven 350F! Bake cupcakes … Drain the poppyseeds and add them to a cup tea... Seed and they turned out amazing free flour, baking powder, salt, and seeds! Doing this will allow the poppy seeds be used to make a lemon poppy seed polenta are... Place cupcake liners in muffin pans at a time ) delicious! feel the same way about lemon and poppy seed cupcakes. The frosting is too thin, add in 1/4 tsp salt, and gives the cupcake in... And the vanilla extract a medium mixing bowl, sift together the gluten.. Speed 4 think we could make a cake that ’ s interesting to read ’. Can be stored in an airtight container in the cupcake liners, filling about 2/3 of each case a rack... Toothpick comes out clean love a tasty lemon … lemon and Poppyseed cupcakes overnight!